CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Scraps, Scraps and more Scraps

Hello Crafters,
Do you ever feel that your scrap pile has just gotten out of hand? Well, it has got to that point for me. I keep ever little piece because as soon as I throw a scrap out and it heads to the recycling depot I find the perfect 'would be' use for it! I have a long pink plastic basket with all my long strips, a shoe box jam packed with anything smaller then a card layer and then 3 file folders for the larger pieces (1 for cardstock, 1 for patterns, 1 for seasonal). The file folders were not in too bad of shape but the smaller pieces were over the top. Oh and the best part the smaller pieces were in no sort of order what so ever then then the strips being separate. So here is what I began...

First I put all these strips in colour piles and then neatly put them back in the pink basket so that each colour would stay together. Next I attacked that shoe box you can just see the corner of. Again, I put all the same colour together and put all the same colour pieces in a sandwich baggie. If it was too big for the baggie it went into the file folder. I didn't take any pictures other then this one because I was on a mission! In the end it all looks so good though! My mom called when I was in the middle of doing it and asked me what I was up to...when I told her sorting scrap paper based on size and colour her reply was "are you really that bored?!" Scary part was, I thought this was a okay way to spend my Saturday night lol. Please say you can relate and it is a paper crafter thing not just me haha.

Anyways, this week I will show you a ton of projects I have made with these scraps! I have been super productive since this organizational binge!

Back tomorrow with a colourful project!
Tara

7 comments:

Natasha said...

I've been avoiding my scrap pile, but it is on my to do list. Great system.

Natasha
craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

yes great job on fixing the skrap problem.

Courtney Larson said...

Too funny. Sadly you aren't alone. We should start a club...lol

PS Blogger is being a pain in the butt...wouldnt let me log in.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

You gave me inspiration to tackle my scrap pile of cardstock. Looking forward to seeing what you made with the scraps.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee:
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

Tara,
You are definately not alone in the scraps area
Hugs
Stacy

Wishcraft said...

My scraps are taking over my craft room... I keep them in a HUGE box but it's now full and I have little paper piles growing all around my desk. Really must get some of it used! Lisa x

Tracey said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all these scraps......I'm hoping to get some ideas!