CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 4, 2011

Keep on Truckin'

Hello Everyone,
I made this card for a couple challenges. The first challenge is at the Stamping Vacation Blog (if you have never been here and like challenges this site is your dream come true!) There are a ton of challenges going on at this blog but the one I am entering this card in is the 'When I grow up - Truck driver' challenge. This challenge couldn't have come at a better time to inspire me. Each day I give the students I tutor a journal prompt and yesterday's was 'When I grow up...' The little boy I was tutoring wrote all about how he wanted to be a truck driver. (He is super into anything truck, car, well, ok, anything with a engine lol)  I think I am going to save this card and give it to him at the end of the school year.

The second challenge that I would like to enter it into is the stitching challenge going on at 4 Crafty Chicks  This is the first time that I ever did real machine stitching on a card and while it didn't turn out pretty I think it fits the boy card perfect!

Boy, do these challenges ever get addictive once you really start lol!
Tara


Recipe:
A2 Size
Cardstock - Recollections + scraps
Cricut Cut - Boys Will Be Boys Cartridge Cut @ 3"
Sentiment - Pink By Design "Oh Boy" set
ATG
Zig 2 Way Glue
Pop dots
Black thread and Singer Simple sewing machine



5 comments:

Summer said...

such a fun cricut cut! TFS

Merry said...

Tara, this is such a brilliant truck card. What a great idea to add the stitching. Thanks for joining in the When I Grow Up challenge at Stamping Vacation.

Tamie said...

Congrat's Tara on you machine stitching on your card for the first time. I hand stitched for the first time and have yet to try a machine. Your card looks wonderful and I just love the truck. You did an amazing job of with your stitching. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

the cricutologist said...

I love the stitching Tara! Your little student will love this card! You will make his heart sing! You are a fantastic tutor!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Love the stitching!