CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 21, 2011

Justwordz DT Friday (Oct. 21)

Hi Crafters,
This is the last week for the current Justwordz DT and I just want to say a big thank you to Kim and all my fellow members for making this DT so much fun! Ladies it has been a blast to see how each and every one of you use the Justwordz Everyday Sentiments stamp set each week. When I first got them I stared at them for a whole night coming up with possible sentiments. Now after seeing your creations I realize just how many sentiments they can really make and even then I am sure we have only scratched the surface. Thanks for all the amazing ideas ladies!

This week for my Justwordz  project I made a card for my father in-law. I learned this inking technique at my local scrapbooking store a while ago and wanted to give it another shot. It was only after I finished the card that Brian (my fiance) pointed out the original card I made using this technique was given to my father in-law already!  Guess I better not give him this one too since it is very similar lol. Might need to re-stamp another sentiment since I only have one father in-law haha.



Details:
A2 size card
Cardstock: Recollections
Pattern paper: My Mind's Eye
Digital Stamp: This was a freebie from tidbitstrinkets.com
Sentiment: Justwordz Everyday Sentiments Set
Ribbon: Offray
Brad: stash

Here is the original card I created at my LSS


Remember Kim has just released two new stamp sets! A party invite set and a Christmas set! In the very near future her new DT will be announced and you will be able to see these stamp sets in action. Although, if I were you I would head on over to her site and check them out now as the Christmas set is going to fly off the shelf I am sure!!!
Also, don't forget to head over to the Justwordz blog and check out the rest of the DT creations made with the Everyday Sentiments stamp set!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
http://celebratetheoccasion.blogspot.com/ - Challenge #35 - male + metal
http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.com/  - 'taking to the skies'
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/ - Things that fly
http://scrappyfrogschallenge.blogspot.com/ - Something that flies

I am also linking up at
 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and happy crafting!
Tara

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

Tara...i just love the look of this card. Masculine all the way. Great look on the image. you will have to share that technique sometime...many thanks for all the hard work you put in over the last few months...it's such a joy to work with you...friends
kim

Anniebee said...

This is a beautiful card, Tara. I'll have to search your blog to read about this technique you used. It gives a different and interesting look to the image. I have thoroughly enjoyed our time together on Kim's team and I hope we can stay in touch going forward. Take care and good luck in whatever you do.

Hugs,
Anne

Adrian said...

Very pretty!

GiGi said...

Great cards! Perfect for a man. I love how the ribbon almost looks like leather strips. Thanks for playing at CTO!

melody said...

fabulous cards..and so masculine! i love the color tones...and those stamps are just scrumptious!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great cards!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Cor* said...

OH. MY FIL would love this. Absolutely love it! 100% ! way to show off those stamps!

Unknown said...

Wow this is beautiful Tara, this inking technique looks awesome and you did a great job out of it, love your cards, so masculine and elegant.... I also want to tell you how much I have enjoyed our time together on the Just Wordz team and that I'll definitely be hopping by your blog. Best wishes. Hugs Dora xxx

Tammy Schmitt said...

I think you can still use it. It's not the same at all! I really like it, and I was looking to see who made the stamp. So.... yes, I will need to know where to get it when you find it:-) It's been a pleasure being on Kim's DT with you. I'm sure I'll be "seeing" you around the net:-)

~Tammy S

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Both are really wonderful masculine cards, great images! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Crafting Misfit said...

Love the inking! Very sophisticated.

Thanks for sharing at CTO!
Every week I have a link up and you can share your projects!
Check it out here! we do it again!

Rebecca
"Crafting Misfit"

Esther said...

Fabulous card!!!
The technique is wonderful!!!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!

Regan said...

Fantastic masculine cards! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for "Flying Things"! :)
{hugs}
Regan