CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #26

Hello Crafty People,
We have a neat challenge for you this week on Birthday Sundaes. It is to create a criss cross birthday card with a birthday sentiment on the front. At first I was a bit intimated by this challenge as I only ever made A2 size cards and have only attempted even one shape card in my card making adventures. Honestly, after watching the Splitcoaststampers tutorial it was a breeze and I can see myself making more of these in the future! For the cupcake on my card I used my From My Kitchen cartridge that I got for Christmas and I am pretty sure this is the first time it was been used :S. Do you have those cartridges that you just had to have and then you turn around and don't use them at all? Anyways the cupcake was cute and it worked so perfect with this two sided patterned paper by Imaginisce I have been hoarding forever :) Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to head on over to the Birthday Sundaes blog to check out the rest of the DT creations as well as our guest designer this week.
Happy Crafting!
Tara

Details:
Criss cross card
Cardstock: bits and pieces from my never ending scrap pile
Patterned paper: Imaginisce
Cricut Cut: From My Kitchen cut @ 3"
Sentiment Stamp: Technique Tuesday Little Sentiment Stamps
Punches: EK Success edger "open scallop"
Ribbon: Offray
Glossy Accents
Stickles

8 comments:

Maribel said...

I love the papers that you chose for your criss cross card! I also felt intimidated by this challenge, but it was so easy to make! I also wanted to let you know that yesterday I got about 6 posts in my dashboard from you. I'm thinking it just took blogger a while to update your new address to the DB. But I can now see your creations :)
Maribel

:: Samantha KT :: said...

That cupcake is so sweet! Great card!

Samantha

Kimberly J. said...

This is so pretty!! :) Love that cupcake and fun papers you used!! Great job friend :)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so cute! I love those soft colors!

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun and yummy!

Tracey said...

Great card Tara....that cupcake is delicious:)

Anonymous said...

Super cute card Tara... love the pastel colors. and the Cricut cut.... HUGS...SK :)

Sherrie K. said...

Oooh, this is adorable. I love the polka dot paper and yummy cupcake. Great bellyband too:) Awesome Tara!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com