CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 2, 2011

Justwordz DT Friday!

Hi Everyone,
This week for the Justwordz DT project Kim gave us a hard one....we had to make a tag. Sounds simple enough and it was other then a panic I felt before I started as this was my first ever tag! Honestly though, I am super proud of this one. I really love how it turned out and I went really far outside my box!

You'll notice I used all really bright colours this week. Well, that is because the day I was making it was sunny and 25. I was in a bit of a tropical mood after the terrible weather we have been experiencing here in Nova Scotia this summer.

One of the neat things I did on this tag that was outside my norm was that I created the background paper. After getting the tag cut out in the blue it looked like it was missing something. I bought these circle Hero Arts stamps a while ago and have never inked them up so I gave it a shot. You can't really tell that the dots are all in circles after I got everything on but I still really liked the effect.

I also did some inking on this card which I am slowly feeling more confident doing (having the right supplies really helps...get yourself some artist sponges and you will be glad)

To finish off the card I sprayed it with glimmer mist (this was another one of those had to have items that has been collecting some major dust). Now this was the part I was scared to death to do as it was finished and I always seem to mess it up when I just want to add that 'little something' right at the end. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyways you can't see it in the picture but the entire tag is all simmery and looks awesome!!!

Ok if you are still with me thanks...not sure why I am so long winded today (home alone with no one else to talk to maybe lol) Don't forget to head over to the Justwordz blog to check out the rest of the DT creations as I know they are going to be amazing!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Tara



Details:
Cardstock: scrap pile :)
Stamps: Justwordz Everyday Sentiments stamp set
Cricut cuts: Plantin Schoolbook
Tag cut @ 4 1/2
Flower @ 2
Circle @ 1/2
Punch: Martha Stewart Butterfly
Ink for background: Marina Mint Stampin' Up
Glimmer Mist: silver sugar
Baubles: hand dyed by me
Pearl Pen black
Ribbon: Offray
Micheal's pink chalk ink

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your tag is AWESOME girl....very fun colors and you show off your fabulous baubles in the best way. Love your sentiment you used as well and yes we are all with you on just that last element...should we or shouldn't we...funny how our first try at tags came out so great, i'm thinking it will never happen again..ha ha ha. tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Anniebee said...

Adorable tag, Tara! Isn't it a nice feeling when you try something outside your normal crafting style and it actually works out? And you actually LOVE the results? That just encourages me to try more and more new things. I love the irregular polka dot pattern you created on the background paper and all the cheerfully bright colors. I would gladly trade weather patterns with you for a little while. We are supposed to get a "cold" front through here on Sunday that will drop the temps to the low 90s or high 80s!! I can't tell you how exciting that is for me! We have had one of the worst droughts in recorded history for the state this year.

Hugs,
Anne

Auntie Em said...

Love your tropical tag! Those bright colours are so cheerful and fun. We certainly needed some cheering up on the east coast this summer. Where in NS are you located? I am in NB (Sussex) but have a lot of family down in NS!
Thanks for sharing! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

HI Tara! I love your tag! It came out super sweet! I'm not sure why but your postings are not showing up in my dashboard! The last one was five days ago. I re-followed you but I have not seen an update...
Also I received your candies in the mail! Wow I think this was the best candies! I love all these handmade embellishments! I love all the colors of the skittles you made, I only have three inks and they are all dark! Thanks so much!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the tag. I've made a few tags. Some can be used as a bookmarker. Weather here in Central TX has been 30+ days of 100+ temp and today is forecasted to be the first non-100 day with forecast for temp of 99 and temps in 80s for rest of wk. I'll believe it when it happens. Want Fall season to be here.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Maribel said...

I really like this tag. The flower is beautiful! Your website looks good, but I am also not getting your updates on my dahsboard.
Maribel

Unknown said...

Your tag is lovely Tara, so pretty and colourful, love it xxx

Cor* said...

For a first tag this is gloriously tropical and wonderfully smiley!! Makes me happy inside for sure ! You rocked this one girl!