CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My New Button Holder

Hi Everyone,
I can't believe I forgot to post this. I made it this summer and was so proud of it. Okay well I didn't exactly make it so much as put it all together. I bought this shelf at Value Village for $4.59 and I got the mason jars at Canadian Tire for $8.84. It works perfect! I hated the system I had before it was actually a pain in the butt to use buttons because I had to do so much digging to get one. Now...not a problem! And how awesome does it look under my ribbon holder shelfs that I got at a yard sale last summer. Slowly I'm organizing my room cheaply so that I can spend all my extra money on supplies :)
Got any great organizational ideas I could use?
Tara
This is how they were stored...


And now...


My sewing machine actually belongs on this table but I moved it for the picture so you could get the full view. When I get a house and can hang more stuff on the walls it will be hung too but it is too heavy to hang right now without some support.




9 comments:

Rachel said...

great organizing idea, and they look so pretty all color coded! I also have aaalllll of my buttons in one big drawer, I spend more time picking for one than I should! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's great to have new faces :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Great idea for organizing your buttons - I really need to get organized!
Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Hey, I love that someone else used a spice rack for buttons. I have mine up on my pegboard. I also have white wire racks for the ribbons. Great to have found you, I love seeing other craft spaces :) Lisa

Unknown said...

This came out very nice! It's always great to see inexpensive organizing ideas! It is SO easy to spend a fortune on the fancy kind.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

very fun and organized! I just picked up a ton of buttons! The sign said CLEARANCE but rang up full price, I walked the lady over to the spot and she had to give them to me at the marked price (It was a super deal!!)

Heidi said...

What a fun idea...I have a box of old baby food jars....I made need to fill them up! TFS.

D said...

Your new system looks fabulous! I separate most of my embellishments by color and it's so much easier to find what you need.

Marlene said...

I have my buttons organized the same way!! From one A type personality to another...you rock! LOL.

(Oh, and I didn't know you were from Canada, eh?! Great country! I should know...I was born there and lived there most of my life. ;))

Anniebee said...

What a cute idea! When I get my craft room, I'll have to remember this.