CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 12, 2011

Paper Playtime Challenge # 55

Hi everyone,
I am so EXCITED! I was asked to join the Paper Playtime Challenge Blog and be a Paper Playtime Queen for the month of September! They post new challenges every two weeks and I am soooo very honoured to be on this team with these amazing Queens! The current challenge is to create a easel card. Now if you have followed me for a while you know I am a plain ol' Jane A2 size card kinda gal. So when I am asked to make a different type of card I have a breathless moment before I head over to youtube and do some pertinent research :) This one was easy peasy though. I watched this tutorial and was off to create. I really like the smaller size of this card when it is folded up and it fits fine in a A2 size envelope. I'll be making more like this I am sure as my mother has already claimed she would love one like this to display at her station at work (she's a hairdresser and her older clients just love seeing the newest and greatest thing her daughter has made for her lol...little ol' ladies are too cute!)

Have you made an easel card before? Wanna give it a shot? Head over to the Paper Playtime Blog and see what all the other fabulous design team queens have made and then get crafty and show us your stuff!
Happy Crafting!
Tara

(Sorry the image is a bit blurry I must have had bad lighting when I was taking it)

Details:
Easel card
Cardstock: Bazzill + scraps
Digital Stamp + Sentiment: Lili of the Valley
Prisma coloured pencils + Gamsol
Paper Flowers: stash
Gems: Dollarama
EK Success Edger Punch 'open scallop'
Baker's Twine: Twinery

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Congrats on the DT spot! Your card is lovely!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

The card is adorable!

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Tara. Great colours and the image is so sweet :o) Lisa x

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute easel card! I LOVE the colors. Fabulous!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Not sure where my comment went...strange! anyway, your card is darling Tara! I love the colors, yummy cupcake! Great bellyband too:)

Yes, I did do a blog re-design. Love it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

I love the idea of the decorative border to help hold up the easel... great card!

marion82 said...

oh sweetie i like this card very much!! congrats...and the blue its adorable!!
hugs
xMx