CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

DCWV sketch layout

Hi Crafters,
I have been very busy lately getting stuff together for my up coming wedding. If you have not heard me talk about it yet our date is New Years Eve! I have made it my mission to get all the details taken care of as much as possible before the holidays. So anything that can be done in advance IS being done in advance! That being said I have not had a great deal of time to craft for myself lately between DT obligations and wedding stuff. I was doing a bit of blog hopping recently and came across a layout challenge on the DCWV blog. Challenges have been the last thing on my mind lately but this one stood out to me. Something about that layout and then it hit me...it would be an awesome layout for using up the scraps. I have not posted an official 'using up the scraps' project in quite some time but I promise I still have lots of ideas up my slelve!

 Honeslty, I didn't use any scraps on this project, I cut all new pieces for this but...you could very easily use scraps on this layout. My three patterned papers on this layout are from DCWV Holiday stacks from the 2010 season. The pink textured cardstock is Bazzill and the white is Staple brand. Oh I used these colours because Navy, that exact pink and silver are my wedding colours. I think I might use this page as my title page for my wedding album :) How is that for a head start on things, lol.


(sorry the picture is a bit burry..I still have yet to figure out the settings on this new camera)

Details:
Patterned papers: DCWV 2010 Holiday Stack
Cardstock: Bazzill and Staples Brand
Cricut Cuts: Heart - Plantin Schoolbook 3" and 3 1/4"
                   Title - Ashlyn's Alphabet 2"
Journaling spot: Ditto sticker
Key charm: K & Company
Gems: Dollarama
Ribbon: Offray
Mini Heart punch: Dollarstore find
Stickles

3 comments:

Marlene said...

This is beautiful. The addition of the bow and key makes it perfect!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super nice lay-out! Planning ahead is such a good idea! And how super exciting for you!

So I checked out the link... EEK 48! That is ALOT!! I am happy with the 12 (for now) but my friend canceled and all the supplies are sitting in the box! I promised her I would wait till she is feeling better! Nail biting just waiting to dig into that box! But I have my coupons in hand a list of the colors I already have! I planning on buying any other colors I find!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

WOOT WOOT, beautiful..i love the colors, and the layout is fab...tfs
me, kim