CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Paper Playtime Challenge #56

Hi Everyone and welcome,
Today is a new challenge day over at Paper Playtime and my last week there as a DT member for the month of September. The challenge starting today is to create a Halloween themed project. I must say the project I created for this challenge is my favourite creation yet this year. It just came together perfectly! I got the idea from the Stampin' Up Christmas Mini catalogue. In there they made a wreath like this with Christmas papers. I decided to try my hand at it with some Halloween papers I have been hoarding since last year.

I started by cutting a base for the wreath out of cereal boxes using my Cricut. Just did a circle and then a smaller circle inside it in the Design Studio. This was what I used to hot gun all those rosettes on. After creating the wreath I fancied it up with some embellishments. I cut a bunch  of small circles out of my Cricut (it was acting weird that day and not actually cutting these in perfect circles but in the end I love that)! I inked those up and glued them on placing a hand dyed bauble inside each one, Don't they look like freaky eyes?! The black stiff ribbon was something from my stash and the black and white twine is from the Twinery. The Happy Halloween was also cut using the Cricut and the Mini Monsters cartridge and then I used glossy accents on the orange letters.

I wish you could see it in real life as the picture does it no justice and the dimension is awesome! I can't wait until it is time to decorate for Halloween and display this baby! Now its your turn to get creative...head on over to the Paper Playtime blog first for some more spooky inspiration and then show us what you got!
Happy Crafting!
Tara


Details:
Patterned Papers: Martha Stewart Halloween Pad (2010) + Imaginisce papers (2010)
Cardstock: Scrap pile
Ribbon: Stash
Twine: Twinery
Baubles: hand dyed
Mini Monsters + Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridges
Martha Stewart scoreboard
Hot glue gun
Glossy Accents










7 comments:

Holly Gagnon said...

Love the wreath, I've made two of these so far too! So easy and the possiblities are endless. Great idea with the eyeballs too! TFS
Holly @ ribbonsadnglue.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I really like this wreath & would love to be able to see all of the dimension for real. It's been great having you on the DT for the past month.

Hugz!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great wreath!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I forgot to tell you, I found all 12 of the alcohol inks! Including some awesome browns! I am having a friend over and we will be making skittles all day!

Dr Sonia S V said...

The fan fold flowers look awesome. Yes large projects look so much better in real life
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Candy said...

Wow you wreath is fantastic. Love it.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com
Come enter my giveaway!

Kerry T said...

Awesome wreath.
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com