CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Guest poster on Bride on a Budget

Hi Everyone,
I am honoured to be a guest poster on Ashley's blog Bride on a Budget today. If you have popped over from her blog welcome! If you are a follower of mine head over to her blog and check it out. I have followed Bride on a Budget since before I was even engaged (shhh that's just between us though lol). She has so many great ideas and some wonderful giveaways. I am also a 'bride on a budget' and that is why I decided to put my Cricut Expression to work for me during this wedding planning process.

One thing that really shocked me when pricing items was the cost of wedding favours. Now I know we all love our own and pray that everyone else is going to as well but lets face it many will not become the cherished items we wish they would. It was because of this that I was not willing to break my budget to buy these. Instead I used the Tie the knot cartridge which I already owned and with the help of my wedding party and my mom we made 60 of each of the bride and grooms for a total of 120 wedding favours :) It took us about 5 hours in total but hey it was a great excuse for us girls to all get together and we had a blast. So much so my cheeks hurt from laughing by the time they left and how cute are these...



We watched this video to help us get started and made a couple out of 'scrap paper' for practice.

Here are some photos of production...





Anddddd....this is what we looked like when we finally finished :)


Here is a break down of everything I needed and had to purchase to make these darlings...

Cricut Expression + Tie the knot cartridge: I already owned
White cardstock: all from that huge paper pile (actually felt really good to use some of those up)
Black cardstock: American Crafts (60 pack) $25.00
Sookwang Tape (25m) : $16.99  (I have enough left over to make all 120 five more times lol)
Gems: Offray tube $5.99  (I have tons left over and plan on using them on some other wedding stuff)
Cuttlebug + Divine Swirls folder: already owned
Ribbon: Offray $1.00
Black Pearl Pen: $7.99  (again lots and lots left over for future craft projects)
Cinnamon hearts to fill them up $4.99
Total: $61.96 (Can.)

Now I know the prices are a bit more here in Canada but before making these I was looking at a minimum of $1.00 per favour without candy. So in the end I saved more then half by firing up my Cricut and spending a couple afternoons with some great friends. Remember to think about what you already have and tap into those resources before you spend more then you need to.

Check back often to see more of my 'Cricutized' wedding in the near future :)
Happy Crafting!
Tara


12 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW..you were in production, looks fabulous:)

Tracy said...

Ohhh my these are adorable.
I would make these in a heartbeat, so cute.
And you know what they say, A penny saved......

Kimberly said...

Oh, i wish i had my cricut when my daughter got married, i'm sure i would have made these same favors. Instead i made 300 suckers in the shape of the letter in their fist name,150 C's and 150 S's, flavored in cotton candy and creamsicle ...took a loooonnnnnggggg time to make them..as i only had 5 molds of each. TFS, they are going to look fantastic on your tables...

Auntie Em said...

Well, you have been busy! That is a lot of little favour boxes but they are so cute and personal! I love the embossing on the dress and the blings. A busy but exciting time. You have some awesome helpers!
Thanks for sharing! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These came out so fun!

Sandy Ang said...

Wow ! They really look fantastic

Tracy said...

Those are really pretty! It looks like you put alot of work into them!

Tracy
owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

Chick Stamp Magnet said...

These really are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Anne said...

OMG..60 of each..lots of patience is needed.. but they turned out lovley and it looks like you had some fun making them.. Thanks for sharing on You Had Me At Craft..

Candy said...

These are fabulous! Love the pics with them under the chins. Great job.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

mamawcindy said...

These are so Pretty! You did a Great job on this! :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Kerry T said...

These are awesome Tara. I can't wait to see more of your wedding projects..
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com